Anyone else have a giant baby?

So I should start by saying my son was born in the 99th percentile by being 23 inches at birth at 2 weeks early. He’s about to be 4 months on the 7th and from home measuring he’s 28 1/2 inches long now. He’s eating 8 oz every like 4 hours and never spits up, I’m just wondering if anyone else’s baby is so big? He’s wearing 6-9 and 12 months in some brands and all his socks are 12-24 months! I’m 5 11 and my husbands 6 1 so we’re tall but I think my sons definitely gonna surpass us lol. Everyone I know has a lot smaller babies and my best friends baby is 8 months old and is the same size as him😭

@washedinhisblood Yup! My wife and I welcomed a 10lb, 12.5 ounce baby three weeks ago. She is now 12lbs, 5 ounces and wearing 3 month clothing which is becoming almost too small. She was 22 inches long at birth and her head was 39 cms. She eats 4oz of breast milk every 3 hours. An absolute giant.

@bruins37 OH SHAME! My bad! I have a severe case of Mommy brain, thank you for that. It’s actually been on my mind all day but now I see I just read it wrong. I go by different scales. So I use grams and have only ever used pounds for the initial baby weight. So that all makes a lot more sense!

@exit96 Yeah that’s about how he was, I had to stop breastfeeding early cause I could not keep up for the life of me. I spent all day just feeding him lol, hopefully your wife is able too though!

@parsonbrown Oh I’m telling you I tried lol, he was actively losing weight because I couldn’t supply enough for him. He was needing a lot more than I could give him at the time cause he was eating a lot more at babies his age (like eating 5oz bottles at 3-4 weeks old)

@washedinhisblood My 8 month old is in the 90th percentiles she’s huge. I’m a petite woman, her dad is really tall, she’s about half my length already. I see toddlers who walk that are smaller than her. On a positive note, my arms are getting really strong 😂😭

@cheezemang SAME. My daughter is turning 8 months old next week and is transitioning into 18M clothing. Her dad is a titan from a titan sized family and I'm terrified of when she eventually grows taller than me.

@aceluxurywinetours I’m the only person in my family that didn’t get the tall gene (everyone is tall on both sides except for me) and I’m going to cry when she’s 13 years old with an attitude towering over me 😂😭 joking; I’ll still take her down, I’m not scared. (Still joking)

@divad Same over hear with my giant 6 month old baby 🙋‍♀️ He was 11lb at birth. He was taken around all the doctors and midwives whilst I showered, because none of them had ever delivered a baby as big as mine 😂 He was above the 99th percentile for height and weight. He has very mild erbs palsy due to getting his arm stuck during delivery (he’s absolutely fine!), so he automatically gets regular physio appointments to check his arm mobility…anyway, they show us loads of exercises to do for his arms and general strength and I think because of that he’s hitting his milestones on the earlier side (rolling both ways, sitting up, commando crawling, pulling himself up with help), so he’s dropping down on the percentile line slowly. Still weighs 20lb…my back 😂😭

Back