Ads and instructions for the Fisher Price Newborn Rock n Play Sleeper

@bharati21 Also soft… with a stuffed bunny. Two other no no’s.

Edit: is all the info concerning “it’s not an issue if used properly?” Because yes clearly in the ad and instructions… it’s advertised as a sleeper perfect for overnight and naps. Which would be considered proper use according to the video and instructions?

@katrina2017 I would put newborn baby down in it when I had to chase toddler brother around for a quick moment. She was slightly less unhappy if I put her down on something soft like the dock a tot rather than put her down on the floor while running away screaming "no don't eat that!" I didn't have the time to buckle her into a bouncer or something because whatever the toddler was doing was an imminent safety hazard.

It also gave a nice "bubble" where toddler brother could kind of interact with her but see that baby had her own space. Like, I could say "give sister a little bit of space" and I could keep my eye on her laying there while he and I played. I preferred having her flat on her back rather than constantly in an incline like in a bouncer, though sometimes i used the baby bjorn bouncer.

That said, I got the dock a tot free from a buy nothing group and I gave it away as soon as she could roll, soooo it had very limited use for us and I wouldn't have paid full price.

@katrina2017 I honestly would’ve used one when mine was a newborn. If he was awake and I needed to pee or something, I had to tote his bouncer around or set him in his swing. It would’ve been totally convenient for me personally.

@cindyfernandez Makes sense. I have those foam puzzle piece mats in every room to put baby on when I need to do something. However, I have no pets or other kids, so I imagine something with more of a barrier makes sense if you've got other curious creatures about. Also we leave our shoes in the apartment hallway, so that helps keeps floors baby safe.

It blew my mind when we visited someone in New Hampshire, in winter, and they said we could leave our shoes on!

I have a dockatot and I use it as a dog hair free place to put the baby down briefly while I adjust myself on the couch that also can get spit up all over it. $150 is a lot for such a narrow use but its for sure helpful for that but I know very few people use it for only that.

Back