A big recommendation list for folks about to have a baby

@ehron214 Any recommendations on materials for wake windows? My lil man is 7 weeks and is actually really good with sleep and naps but we’ve just been going with the flow with no structure, just putting him down when he’s sleepy and he sleeps, and feeding him when he wants to be fed.

@hiiyyee Going with the flow and reading cues from your baby is great. My baby slept whenever he was tired up until about 9 weeks. Then he started to fight sleep in the daytime and started to get crankyyyy. I learned a lot using articles from Taking Cara Babies. She has articles on sleep for each age. I started doing a short nap routine once I spot his sleepy cues and cross check with the recommended wake windows.

@ehron214 Loving the list, I think I would have found this so helpful pre-baby.

Although I'd like to protest the tracking app. It's initially important to make sure they're getting enough food and make sure their weight is on track, and an app can be helpful for that. But beyond that, as long as baby is healthy and you don't NEED a very strict schedule (like if you're exclusively pumping or a super rigid nap schedule is important) - I think it just causes more anxiety than anything else. A weight chart should suffice for keeping track of baby.

@ehron214 Black bike shorts for the hospital after you have the baby. You will be bleeding a lot and not want to get blood on your normal clothes. I wore 2 hospital gowns (one like a robe so my butt wasn't exposed) the entire time I was there because I didn't want to stain my clothes and I kept leaking 😭 for my next baby I will absolutely bring black bike shorts to wear.