6 weeks old, and I’m ready to crumple

@griffin71 I'm with you. 7wks and today she decided to eat about every hour and only take three thirty minute naps in the last six hours. I'm trying to find the silver lining. Maybe this will swap her day night cycle.

@griffin71 Keep going. It gets better I promise. We had a handful of moments like this and I really wasn’t sure if we would pull through. One foot in front of the other. Do your best but don’t let perfection become the enemy of the good.

Definitely take a look at sleep training as soon as she’s old enough. It was tough at first but was a total game changer

@griffin71 Can you and your spouse do shifts? It's what we did and made it possible! We each got a 4 hour chunk of sleep which bodies need.

I would go to bed in our room around 9. He would stay up or sleep on couch while baby was in pak n play in living room. Around 2, he would put baby in his bassinet by our bed and go to sleep. I would continue sleeping, but any wake ups were on me. Then we'd both be up around 7.

@sammylove This is the way. Wife and I do similar shifts. I sleep in our room from 9pm-3am while my wife stays up downstairs with the baby (she has a hard time waking up when he cries). I get up at 3am and head downstairs, sometimes staying up and sometimes napping on the couch while wife goes to bed in our room. Everyone gets up at 9am. Moving to shifts has been a game changer. I feel better than I have in weeks. It’s still hard but getting that solid chunk of uninterrupted sleep every night makes all the difference.

@griffin71 I know the “it gets better” comments aren’t always the most encouraging since you’re right in the thick of it, but it really does get better. Keep pushing, you’re doing great. Some of the best advice I got is don’t feel bad to put yourself on autopilot the first 6 months or so. Enjoy and soak in the good times but power through the rest.

@griffin71 Hey momma, I remember those days and it will get better! I remember balling my eyes out, bouncing my baby on an exercise ball at all hours of the night because that’s the only thing that would calm her. 6 weeks - 8 weeks was so difficult, but it gets easier! My little girl just turned one. We never sleep trained, but she’s sleeping from 7:30pm to 6:30am most nights, and I actually miss her when she’s asleep! Never thought we would get here. Please know this phase won’t last forever!