6 months postpartum

gokua

I just hit 6 months postpartum last Sunday and I feel like my body is still stuck looking like I’m 5 months pregnant. I did loose some weight because of breastfeeding, I think around 7-8 pounds but that’s it. I don’t go to gym, I just don’t have any time but I do have some time at home during the day when I could be doing some exercising. The thing is I don’t really know what to do. I had a c section so I didn’t even think of exercises first couple of months. Have y’all know any tips how to get rid of that mommy pouch? What worked for you?

@gokua I’m having the same issue! I’m 5.5 months postpartum and still 20 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight. I workout every day and I’m not losing any weight. I had a c-section and it just seems like that area isn’t going down at all. Looking for any and all advice!

@gokua Just like in pregnancy. You need to advocate for yourself. And yes a pelvic floor therapist is helping so much!! I had really bad sciatic nerve pain during pregnancy. They said it will be gone once I am not pregnant. I am 3 months pp and still have it here and there. My pt figured out my right hip isn’t as strong and we are working on that, ontop of scar tissue since I needed the vacuum and sex has been hurting

@gokua I am nearly 7mo pospartum. I know in my case for sure, it is not diastasis or pelvic floor, but plain simple fat that makes me look 5-6 months pregnant. I am 8kg/15lbs over pre pregnancy weight and 15kg over the weight I had before my first child. I do want my old body back, but honestly I am too tired right now to restrict calories. I am sleep deprived and I am aware I rely on too much caffeine and sugar to prop me up and stay awake during the day. I average 10k+ steps per day and do try to eat healthy and limit sweets, but that is just enough to keep me from gaining more weight (as soon as I lose guard I easily gain 1-2lbs over a few days).