3 under 4 at 40yo?

@vcs I'll be 40 this year and in a similar situation to you. I had my first a few days before I turned 37, and my second few months before I turned 39. And we have six (untested) embryos in storage!

After lots of failed IVF, I had fibroids removed and got pregnant twice spontaneously, but we'd like to transfer some of the embryos that we created before all that.

We're hoping to start transfers this fall, so I would be in a similar situation with age gaps like you are. So obviously I don't have any answers yet, but definitely solidarity! I always wonder if this would be a little easier if I was a decade or so younger!!

@hattington That happened to me too. Did a bunch of egg retrievals / IVF at like 33/34, got 2 good tested embryos, one took then I miscarried, then Covid hit and we were stuck. Had babies naturally twice after all that 😑. Just feels wrong to not use that one leftover from all that time and money!

@vcs Yes, I get it! I want to at least transfer some of our embryos. It feels like since we went through all that, I want to at least give them a chance and see what happens!

@vcs I am 37 with almost 5, 3.5, and 9 months! Adding the third was the easier transition and I hope for a 4th. You just need to commit to the grind for a few years.

@vcs I had my first at 34.5, second right before I turned 36, and twins via IVF right before I turned 38! If we didn't have twins I would have had #4 at 39 probably... I always wanted 4 under 5 and being in my mid 30s when we started made that even more of a reason to knock them out lol. It's tough for sure but also so much fun! The twins are now 17 months and starting to play with their brothers. When they were babies the boys could entertain themselves a lot which was nice. For me the older kids went to daycare so I didn't have all of them all day which is probably the main reason it was manageable. I like that we just got through the baby stage and can now start to do things with all of them and they are all in similar stages