3-6 months - What’s next?

benvi85

My baby turned 3 months today! I wish someone would have told me that the first 3 months would be absolute chaos and not to stress so much. (If only I knew then what I know now… haha classic!)

My question is, what will I be looking back on 3 months from now wishing I knew about this next 3-6 month phase?!

@shafiqul I’m gonna eat my words I’m sure but I’m actually so excited for her to start crawling and being able to move independently. My baby is 12 weeks tomorrow and she already uses tummy time to desperately try to crawl although she can’t make any progress. I’m really excited for her to be able to explore on her own!

@mary0608196 Don’t get me wrong, there’s a million positives for a baby on the run, but I just look back at the newborn phase and think “simpler times” lol.

@onevoiceunified We had the same experience, it was so hard to keep her content but now we put her down on the ground in her room throw a couple toys around and she’s good for a while.

@onevoiceunified Oh god ours is going to be like this for sure. Our 13 week old wants to move so badly that she voluntarily does tummy time. It's almost like she knows that's what she needs to do in order to get moving. She's already making attempts at rolling over.

@onevoiceunified Mine is super happy to be independently mobile too, but she is now intensely focused on CLIMBING. All she wants to do is try to climb things and pull up on things. Enjoy the crawling!! You just got here!!

@weather Omg same. Ours has been crawling for like 2 weeks, proficiently for 1, and is now solely focused on pulling up. I feel the “you just got here” so hard lol.

@mary0608196 The baby, 8 months old, does a swimming worm wiggle crawl. He isn’t fully there yet, but he will not stay in one place at all. He also wants to stand and can’t independently so he just wants you to hold him while he stands.. all day. lol.

Trust me. I just had the realization he will get into
Every. Single. Thing.

@rwpyear2027 My almost 3 month old wants us to hold him while he stands, we were doing it at a ped appointment recently and the pediatrician was like “so happy to see him bearing weight on his legs!” And we just both looked at each other cuz we are tired of it 😂😭 i love the little guy but he is nearly 14 pounds and is getting heavier faster than I can get stronger 😭