14w pregnancy worry

toptim198998

Here's the thing:

I'm 14w pregnant, first pregnancy via IVF.

Cat 1 and 3. Did LIT- got 97% LAT score pre-pregnancy.

Upon conceiving, my LAT score dropped to 27%.
Did IVIG, and 1 round Intralipid.

Went past my first trimester with twins with strong cardiac activity. No found complications.

On my 12th week, (2 days after Intralipid) I was diagnosed with chronic hypertension. My OB put me on methyldopa
and aspirin. My blood pressure has been managed well since then.

I have not updated my Immuno about my having hypertension.

When I asked my OB about her thoughts on IVIG/Intralipid, she said it's my decision if I would like to keep on doing it regularly (Immuno recommends maintaining Intralipid every 3 weeks). In her opinion, there are no studies on it that support pregnancy health, at least in a case like mine. From the start it seems like my OB does not think that consulting with an Immuno is particularly a beneficial process in my pregnancy.

Question is, should I proceed with my Immuno's recommendation by maintaining Intralipid? Or should I listen to my OB and just go on with regular check-ups with OB only?

@toptim198998 You should discuss this with them and see maternal fetal medicine. This isn’t the place for suggestions of health care and medical issues. We don’t know your indication and medical history. I would be transparent with your doctors about contradicting recommendations from both of them. OB handled maternity and gynecological care, immunologist is immunology and I’m sure they’ve had pregnant patients before. Each has an expertise.

@cheesepuffpie Great news: I'm 21 weeks in. So far had 2 ivigs and 1 lipid transfusion. Reassuring results as of anatomy scan. I've decided to skip this month's suggested lipid transfusion by my Immuno.