Zero Sex Drive

btalley

Hi, all! I’m 4 months pp with my son, and hubby and I also have a 2 y/o daughter. I’m feeling lately like my sex drive will never return! Hubby has been a good sport and honestly after both of us working all day then spending time with the kids at night we are both exhausted. I go see my obgyn on Monday for another pp follow up, but wanted to see if anyone else on here felt the same way. Son is on formula now (my milk supply couldn’t keep up), and I’m on birth control. Thanks in advance!

@btalley Have you gotten your period yet? Usually, our bodies lower our libido/sex drive for a few months so our uteruses can fully recover.

I wouldn’t worry about it until after your period comes back.

I’m 8mo pp and still haven’t gotten a period or sex drive, however I am breastfeeding so those hormones are to blame.

@btalley Could be the birth control.

I refuse to get back on it. I have a 15mo and 4mo and my sex drive has remained the same strongly believe its cos I don't use hormonal birth control.

Maybe switch or use condoms?

@btalley I’m with you, however I’m 14 months postpartum. I had a really healthy sex drive before pregnancy, but it went away during pregnancy and never returned. Very frustrating !! I’m not on birth control and never was, but gained 60lbs during pregnancy and haven’t been able to lose it yet. Maybe that contributes . Good luck and feel free to share any tips if you get any :)

@btalley I am 16 months pp and my sex drive JUST returned . Kind of . I had to force it a bit because I could see my husband getting frustrated, but once we started doing it My body was like Oh hell yeAh! It’s back!