X-posted from r/tfab, who already has names picked out?

mariet9

Do most people wait until after they are pregnant,or have you already picked out names?

I have a boys name sorted- Ash Eric

For a girl I have lots of options- Elia, Evelyn, Emelyn, Eden, Briony or Amara. I am leaning toward Elia Amara.

@mariet9 I don’t think there’s a wrong way to go about it. We have been discussing names for about 4 years and settled on boy names in 2016. We finally picked a girl name a few months ago. We’re big on family names, and my husband’s family is of French origin (hence some of the spellings). For boys we like Lucien Henri and Theodore Joseph. For a girl we like Isabel Mae.

@mariet9 We do! Still working on middle names but we’ve got Riley for a girl and Cameron for a boy. I think Riley Marie and Cameron William are the front runners for middle names.

As an aside, we need to hope we don’t have multiples of one sex because we can’t agree on a second name for either 😂

@mariet9 Yes we have names!! But we’re going to wait until the baby is born to name him or her. But I definitely have my one favorite name for each :)

@mariet9 I have my heart set on Sebastian Gabriel for a boy, but girl names elude me. I used to love Charlotte (would call her Charlie) but because kate named her baby that it’s super popular and lost its charm.

@mariet9 James Scott. James is my dad's middle name, Scott is my husband's and FIL's. FIL actually goes by it in everyday because he hates his first name.

@worriednan I adore that name! I have wanted to use it as a baby name, but then I used it as a character name in Dungeons and Dragons and now probably can't use it for my future child because my husband was the DM.

@mariet9 Carter Thomas for a boy. We haven’t settled on something for a girl. We originally wanted to pick all family names, but I’m not a fan of the family names on either side for a girl.

@mariet9 Yes! Zoe Violet for a girl, Theodore Owen for a boy! I've been looking for back ups in case by next year we get sick of those but no luck yet

@mariet9 This is such a fun question!! We’ve got a boy name sorted, DH is the 5th of his name so boy would be number 6. For a girl we have a few ideas but neither of us can find a name we LOVE, so we would probably wait until we met her to decide.

@mariet9 Us!

Girls - Charlotte Anne, Chloe Lynn

Boys - Johnathon Michael, James Matthew

We want 2 kids at most, so whichever of the above we can mix and match. The first name listed for each gender is our first choice.

@mariet9 Yes we have decided on both a boy name and a girl name. We keep referring to 'little so-and-so" when we talk about future babies... We're very attached to those names already.
However, DH really hopes for twins, if that would happen and they would be the same gender, we would have to think about a second name. Quite unlikely though ... No twins in my family!

@marineimaging I graduated onto trying a year ago and we have had no luck since. I am going through fertility treatment now and of course I'll take anything, but I am low key hoping for twins. I know it's more likely now.

@mariet9 Yes, we have some names we both like, but my favourite for a girl is Adele, which my spouse doesn't like as much. He likes Ada though, so maybe we can come to a compromise there.

@mariet9 I've always been really interested in names, so I've had a running list of ones that I like since before I ever thought about having kids. But lately, I really like Holly Anne for a girl.

@mariet9 Of course! Zoe Autumn for a girl and either Miles or Elliot for a boy. I’ve been obsessed with the name Zoe since I was a kid but it was hard for us to find boy names I liked. The boy name I really love is James but I had a terrible stepfather with that name 😓