Would like to get an appreciation gift for our L&D nurses. Any suggestions?

carwhisperer

We thought we would have 2 or 3 nurses on rotation taking care of us, but instead we've had about 7 different people so far, which seems to be most of the staff. (Who have been AMAZING, BTW)

We'd like to show our appreciation by way of a gift of some sort. A L&D nurse friend said they're really not allowed to accept gifts, but something like donuts or bagels and coffee, would be appreciated as nurses are always hungry. Problem with that suggestion is that there is a snack cart that gets wheeled around which I'm sure they help themselves to, and tea and coffee are available in the 'kitchen' areas.

Anyone have any suggestions or want to let us know if/what you did? Thanks!

@carwhisperer Wife is a nicu nurse.

Candy bouquet. Or bagels. Or something in that vein. That's what she said anyway.

Although she also said the absolute best thing you can do is call the l&d manager and comment on how great your experience was. Bonus points for remembering the names of the nurses - it's very important.

@carwhisperer I was told from a nurse friend that gift cards are always appreciated. From somewhere they can pick up snacks or a group meal together like a coffee shop or pizza place. We ended up giving our nurses a card with a prepaid visa in it so that they could do a few coffee and donut runs!

@carwhisperer Don't forget to bring them a birth announcement of your new bundle! Where I delivered they display all the birth announcements they've received from patients at the nurse's station.

Back