Work sent me a congratulatory 6-mo onesie for new baby, then fired me the day she turned 1 month

@katrina2017 They dissolved my team but most ppl were moved around. They told me they realized there were performance issues that only became apparent once I was out on leave, which feels like BS because I didn’t get any opportunity to work on it if so. I pointed out to my manager that we left with things in a really good place. He awkwardly said yes that’s true. But “things came to light” during the handoff. What things?!

@capone35 So your team fell apart without you there? They should be promoting you! Clearly you were an essential part of the team! I would speak to an employment attorney about your options.

@k9subsea You know it’s funny my prediction before I went on leave was that things would fall apart without me, despite how hard I worked on the transition, and they would either say oh wow she was really holding it all together or they would scapegoat me. And since I’ve seen it happen to other people I wasn’t surprised that it was the latter

@capone35 Yikes. Employers do not care about you. I was also laid off while on maternity leave. I have since cut up the branded clothes I have to use as butt wipes for my kids.

Back