Why do Kendamil USA and Canada ingredients differ?

adaeuse

I thought formula requirements in Canada and USA are the same since we get our formulas from USA. Kendamil claims only the packaging is changed so its english+french instead of just english (or maybe english+spanish for usa, dont remember)

Also did anyone notice in the chart where it tells you for how many scoops to how many oz of water, it accidentally says for every additional 1 oz of water add 0.1 scoop. Which makes no sense. They mean 1 scoop.

But I have both cans and the ingredients are literally different. Which ingredients are better? Are some higher quality vs lower (for example, calcium citrate vs carbonate for adults). Whyyyy is this company always claiming they dont change ingredients when they infact do.

Canada ingredients: Organic whole milk, Organic skimmed milk, Organic demineralised milk whey protein powder, Organic vegetable oils (sunflower, coconut, rapeseed), Organic galacto-oligosaccharides (from milk), Less than 2% of: Calcium citrate, Sodium citrate, Potassium chloride, Calcium lactate, Magnesium chloride, Oil from the microalgae Schizochytrium sp., Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Potassium hydroxide, Choline bitartrate, Inositol, Oil from Mortierella alpina, Taurine, Iron Pyrophosphate, Nucleotides (cytidine-5’-monophosphate, disodium uridine-5’-monophosphate, adenosine-5’- monophosphate, disodium Inosine-5’-monophosphate, disodium guanosine-5’-monophosphate), Zinc sulphate, Vitamin E, Niacin, Calcium pantothenate, Copper sulphate, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Manganese sulphate, Folic acid, Potassium iodide, Sodium selenite, Vitamin K, Vitamin D3, Biotin, Vitamin B12, mixed tocopherols.

USA Ingredients: Organic Grass-Fed Whole Milk, Organic Demineralised Milk Whey Protein Powder, Organic Skimmed Milk, Organic Blend Of Oils (Sunflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Rapeseed Oil), Organic Galacto-Oligosaccharides (A Type Of Prebiotic), Less Than 2% Of: Mortierella Alpina Oil (A Plant-Based Source Of Arachidonic Acid (Ara)), Schizochytrium Sp. Oils (A Plant-Based Source Of Docosahexaenoic Acid (Dha)), Calcium Citrate, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Lactate, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Hydroxide, Choline Bitartrate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenite, Manganese Sulfate, Inositol, Taurine, Nucleotides (Cytidine-5'-Monophosphate, Disodium Uridine5'-Monophosphate, Adenosine-5'-Monophosphate, Disodium Inosine-5'-Monophosphate, Disodium Guanosine-5'-Monophosphate), Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin K, Vitamin D3, Biotin, Vitamin B12.

@adaeuse I don't actually see any difference in ingredients, just slightly different labeling and ordering. It's likely just different labeling laws between the two countries.

@adaeuse The only difference is one uses ferrous sulfate and the other uses iron pyrophosphate - just different forms of iron fortification. The other differences are likely just as I said - differences in labeling laws between countries. In the US, at least, any ingredients that are less than 2% do not need to be listed in order by weight.

@adaeuse I’m kinda going cross eyed comparing the ingredients lol but they do seem the same? On their website they said the labeling would be different than the UK & US because they have meet specific label requirements.