When your newborn is 40

@kalashnikovmage I understand, babies are so, so hard. But compared to the long life they will have, it’s only a small fraction of the time. My youngest grandchild is 4 weeks, and I do not know how many years I have left. So I try to pour my entire heart and soul into her.

@srcnfk I understand. I miss my mom too. But she moved in with me after my dad died and she had spent a year alone. She hated it. After 2 years she got dementia. I was her caregiver. Quarantine happened. I got her on home hospice. It was a downhill struggle. I miss her like she was. But…I’m glad she was not forced to suffer anymore under dementia. We got some really fun times, going shopping. Going out to eat. We had some truly wonderful times and she enjoyed her great grandkids so much. I (and her nurse) was standing with her and praying as she took her last breath. I stayed right there with her body until the mortuary came to get her. A few weeks after her funeral, I was standing at the counter waiting for my coffee to brew. I felt her come up behind me, wrap her arms around my waist, and hug me. It was like our last goodbye before she went to heaven. She’s been gone almost 3 years. But my grief isn’t as bad anymore. I accept that she’s with the Lord and I accept that she’s proud of the way I take care of my children and my grandchildren. (I inherited her cat, lol)

@sunny12051988 As im sitting here with my 3 month old i think about the day ill break her heart and it kills me. Or the day my own mother will
Break my own heart. Why cant we all live forever 😖

@sunny12051988 My mum is my best friend. I’m 30 and have just had my first baby. She has been there for me more than words can describe. I am so lucky and grateful that she chose to be my mum. Your post is so heart warming 💕💕 I can confirm that when your daughter tells you she loves you so much, she is telling the wholehearted truth xo

Back