When friends keep reminding you… do you get p’d off?

faith_023

We have a few young kids and have been very fortunate that some friends and family have donated a good deal of their used clothing to us but do you ever end up being constantly reminded by that one friend/family member that your kid(s) are wearing their kids’ clothes!? “Awww I remember that shirt! Awww I can’t believe my son grew out of that so fast!!” It becomes enough for me to just want to give it all back… bloody hell!

That being said, I’m looking for a reel or satirical gif or meme with this context in mind so I can light this person up and maybe they’ll get the message… Cheers!

@faith_023 Why does this bother you so much? Clothes are expensive and I'm grateful to get so many hand me downs for free. Fast fashion also has a very high environmental impact so the clothes getting worn by a few kids is a good thing.

Honestly, I look at this the other way and eyeball the clothes that the older kids are wearing and look forward to my kids getting them.

@faith_023 Sounds perfectly normal to me.

If they reminded you to prompt gratitude from you (WE gave you those clothes, be grateful to US that your child is clothed), it is one thing. But from your example, it is purely from sentiment that they are saying it. And believe me, that sentiment is REAL. We have with heavy hearts donated our kids clothes because you cannot help but look at those clothes and remember when your kids were wearing it. The first time we sorted out old baby clothes my wife and I nearly cried.

Luckily for us, we have donated clothes to and received as donations from parents who don't see our kids or whose kids we don't see (office colleague parents) so the sentiment doesn't get fired up.

My only suggestion would be to remember who gave you what and not to have those clothes worn when the donators are around. Or don't accept donations.