When did you send your only to preschool?

magdalenab

Hi!

My only is almost 2 and she's been in an in-home daycare for a year. We love it there. She loves her friends and the lady who runs it is an angel.

When did you send your only to preschool or a daycare facility that is more like school/classroom based?

My friend just posted on Instagram that her recently turned 3 year old can write a three word sentence. She goes to preschool.

My only is really smart and it would be awesome if she could learn that by 3. I just don't know if I'm ready to send her.

Edit: Thanks for all the responses everyone! I'm a 3rd grade teacher. I know that writing sentences at 3 is uncommon but when I saw that, I had a freak out moment. I'm going to wait to put her in preschool until she's at least 3. She'll go to free Pre-K at 4. I want her to play and enjoy being a kid. You all made me feel better!

TIA!

@magdalenab My son will be 4 end of July and will start pre k in August. He has been with me this whole time. It wasn’t until recently I have seen he needs more than what I’ve been providing him.

That’s great he can write a sentence, but I believe in letting kids be kids. They spend their whole childhood in school. No rush.

@magdalenab 3.5. She knows the letter A. lol. Def not writing sentences 😂

But she can now zipper her jacket. Recognize her name. Cough into her arm. Open her own snacks. And better express her needs.