What should baby be wearing?

meeee

My son is 8 weeks old today and he’s about 60cm and 4.5kg. I’ve been putting him in the Boba wrap at home or indoors and it’s been great. My sister gifted us an artipoppe also. I want to start going for walks with the carrier or even just for meeting people outdoors (we’re not meeting anyone indoors during silly sick season). You are all so knowledgeable here so help me understand what he should be wearing in both when we’re outdoors. For context it’s winter here in Ireland and the weather is anything between -1°C (such as today) and 14°C. Thank you

@meeee Artipoppe carriers rarely fit babies younger than 11-12 weeks. structured carriers are almost never newborn friendly even when they say they are unless they are either specifically designed for newborns, have an insert or your baby is 99th centile for height. You can try them in it and post a fit check but I wouldnt go ahead and use it just yet.

@alexfrankone I realised that, but try explaining to my sister that we haven’t used it because he’s not big enough, haha - he’s 4 weeks off that and is quite a tall baby so I’m expecting him to fit soon, so that’s why I’m asking about outfits

@meeee Are you going to wrap your coast around the carrier or not? That will impact it a lot. Today it was below freezing here and I did, regular indoor outfit of long sleeve and thick leggings + all cotton knitted footless onesie, thick baby socks then thick adult winter socks to act as leggings too. The trick is to layer lots rather than one big layer that way if the temperature rises a bit you can remove one or two layers rather than risk baby being too warm or cold. I had a wooly wrap so they were in 2 layers of wool too. I really recommend the adult winter sock trick, way cheaper than baby leggings and doesn't bulk out the nappy area :)

@alexfrankone I’m not familiar with the adult winter sock trick! I’ve tried wrapping my coat around but it doesn’t seem to fit sadly. I was thinking of buying one of those covers…