What is your weekend routine?

crouche76

Or whatever day(s) your partner has off work/together as a family. M-F I have my routine, different places we go to play/shop, chore routine, meal routine. But come the weekend I don’t have a set schedule or plan. Do you all have a routine/schedule or do you just see what everyone feels like doing? What types of things do you do weather you have a routine or not?

@crouche76 We lay in bed til my 16 month old wakes around 730. Then dad makes pancakes. They usually go outside while I clean up or sit down and breathe in the quiet. I'll start a load of laundry. Then we decide what to do with the day. That could be groceries, somewhere fun, the library, walking the dog etc. My husband works hard so we try to take it easy, plus son naps from 12 to 2 so our day is split in half.

@crouche76 No routine. The kids usually have a sport on one of Uber days. Otherwise we are either going to an event, getting caught up on a housework or project, and giving each other downtime. We usually see friends one of the nights.

Our only routine is I typically do a grocery order pickup on Sundays, meal plan, restock for the week, and we go over how our week is going to go.

@crouche76 No routine. Often we have birthday parties scheduled or in the winter we ski, but every weekend looks different. If we don’t have anything planned for the beginning of the day, we love sleeping late and staying in pajamas. My kids are currently watching cartoons in their pajamas while I enjoy my coffee, also in my pajamas. Husband is out for a jog.

@crouche76 we usually go to the farmers market saturday morning and try to get out and go to dinner one night or maybe a brewery... harder to be motivated to do any of those things in the winter tho

@crouche76 Our weekday routine is an outing in the morning after getting ready and having breakfast. Then lunch and nap. Then playing until dinner. Then bath and bed.

The only thing that changes when my husband is off is that he takes her on her morning outing instead of me. Sometimes we'll plan a special outing where all 3 of us go.

And we occasionally go out to eat or to see family in the evening. But her daily structure remains the same.

@crouche76 Weekends can be kind of a toss up. We have some routines that stay but we are more flexible since my husband is home. It lo used to really throw us off since my husband didn’t know routinebut now it’s not so bad.

@crouche76 Usually, my husband gets up with our daughter both days and lets me sleep a bit more (maybe an extra 30 min max since once she’s up no one can really sleep anyway 🤣). He makes coffee for the both of us, then will make breakfast. We all hangout and get any errands done or we’ll attend any family events we have going on and he’s mostly the “on” parent when I’m getting ready and when we’re out.

Most weekends aren’t the same though depending on what we have going on. If we’re home around lunch, I typically make something and after he’ll put her down for nap since it’s normally me who does nap during the week. Dinner is usually my husband or we go visit his mom for dinner. Whatever needs to be done around the house… he takes initiative but we also definitely have some lazy days where we just lounge and watch sports or movies together.

Back