What do your babies wear to sleep

@angelgirl4890 Hahahaha I am so confused as where I am from we use Celsius. So I had to do a quick conversion. That’s pretty warm. My sons room can get that hot in the height of summer but we have AC. I would look for a muslin sleep sack. Perlimpinpin has them, not sure where you are and if they ship to you but they go up to 2 years I think.

@angelgirl4890 Wow that is dangerously hot. I believe babies should be in 68-72 degrees. I find anything about 69 to be too warm for my girl. Do you have AC or at least a window unit?

At that temperature baby should be in just a diaper.

@angelgirl4890 now that it is warmer out and his room is about 69-72, he sleeps in cotton footie pajamas and a 2.5 tog sleep sack. when it was colder in the winter i had him in a third layer (long sleeved onesie).

@angelgirl4890 Lol, our house is set to 67/68 farenheit, so considerably colder. We use sleep sacks all the way until about 3 years old, when we switch to blankets (once I think they can actually keep a blanket on while sleeping instead of rolling out of it immediately).

I think a 0.5 tog sleep sack would still be acceptable for your LO. Hope that helps!

@angelgirl4890 I have a few sleep sacks for 6-12 months from halo. For that warm of a room I'd probably do a short sleeve onesie and a TOG 0.5 sleep sack.

For older babies I've seen sleep sacks but with legs... they kind if look like overalls/rompers? For better movement

@angelgirl4890 That’s still warm. 68-72F is ideal and decreases risks for SIDS. If baby’s room is really that warm you seriously need to find a way to lower it and dress baby in a thin shirt and prob no sack is what I’d do if you can’t. I really think you should look up safe temps for babies to sleep in too.

@maame I think I’m not asking for room temperature recommendations but thanks. Not that I owe you an explanation but when it was colder, he’d wake up crying because he was cold so I think I’ll listen to my baby’s cues and needs, not what’s “normal” for the general population

@angelgirl4890 I think lots of people just really fear SIDS and want to make sure that you are informed of what they say the risks are. There can be tons of misinformation, and I think people in this sub really do what to help.

The fact that you have tried different temperatures and are comfortable with the temperature being informed of what recommendations are that is what counts.

I think the advice you are getting might be geared more towards “make the room colder and use a warmer sleep sack” as this would keep your baby warmer and keep your baby as safe as possible, based on what research has told us regarding SIDS risk factors. I am sorry if you aren’t getting the help you are seeking.