What am I doing wrong ?

ricksmith

My sons father hasn’t been around I can literally count on my fingers how many times he’s interacted with him, I put him on Child support his arrears are at 9 k now he been saying he will pay he never does , he has a job , even has 2 kids now , what do I do about this ?

@ricksmith Go to court and ask for wage withholding. If he quits his job you can’t do much but if he’s working above the table they’ll garnish his checks.

@leras He’s not complying , and if anything I think he works with his dad in construction but I really don’t know what he does for a living I just know he has good money , just can’t comprehend why he won’t just pay ?

@ricksmith Yes I understand he’s not complying but if he gets a paycheck, they can take money from his paycheck before he even gets it. It doesn’t matter what he does. If the IRS is aware of his income, they can get your child support. Of course this is assuming you’re in the US.

@leras If he’s a subcontractor for his father he doesn’t have paycheques for them to take money from. That’s not the way it works. He’s essentially a business owner and his business is being paid a cheque.

@ricksmith Where I live at least you have to do your taxes yearly, but also it states that the CP provider needs to provide their annual income taxes to the receiver. That’s the only way you know you are getting a fair amount.

There are so many ways to get around this. Especially if someone works construction. My ex never files his taxes and when he does he only claims like 30% of his invoices. One year at family court the judge made him bring in all his invoices and the total was $50K higher than what he estimated his income was on court documents and he only worked 30 weeks of the year according to the number of invoices he brought in.

He still tries the same shit every year working under the table claiming he can’t find work. He works for his brother, who will obviously lie for him.

He owes the tax ppl more money than he owes me and they get their money first. I report him anyway because they force him to at least file.

@ricksmith
e asking for help just feel like such a burden I only ask 200$ a month fro

Damn... $200/month is absolutely nothing. He should be paying you with a smile on his face. I pay 3k a month, and have 50/50 custody (FWIW I have 3 different reminders set for 7:00 AM on the first of every month. Like hell I will be late with that payment)

@jks777 no I could never abstain him from his son he ask twice last year to see him and I was there always on time I don’t ever want him to use me as a excuse to why he wasn’t there for him , and really actually I don’t have the heart as much as I dislike him I know it’s wrong to do so .

@jks777 This isn’t allowed and can wind up putting OP in court with a pissed off judge. Visitation and CP are separated for a reason. Abstaining visits damages the children just as much, if not more, than other parent. Why punish a child for their parents stupidity.

Back