Wedge or a U shape?

neena56

I’ve been having trouble sleeping, my back has been stiff and finding a comfortable position has been tough. I looked at some pregnancy pillows and it seems like either I could go for the u shaped ones or a wedge but I’m confused which one would actually help me get restful sleep. Any advice?

@neena56 I've just been using 3 normal pillows and a small cushion. Cushion between my knees, one pillow in a normal position, one down my back, and one that I hug down my front. If I roll half onto my back the back one supports me and I can shift the front one to support my belly. I personally don't see the point of spending money on a special pillow that you have less flexibility to adjust. But maybe there is something I'm missing.

@pamelalove Yes! That was the exact problem I was having! The pelvic pain would keep me up constantly until I got the c shaped pillow. Not sure what kind of magic is in that thing but, it just works better than having tons of bed pillows surrounding you

@nillesson I’m on holiday at the minute and suffering without it, having to use use normal pillows temporarily. I actually can’t wait to get home to my pillow 😂 pelvic pain is awful, I didn’t even know it was a thing in pregnancy until I experienced it myself!

@pamelalove Aw man! RIP your pelvis 😂 I had no idea it was a thing either! I told my friend get one now before the pain gets super bad. I waited way too long! Enjoy your holiday!!

@neena56 I LOVE this pillow: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/st...VgsiGCh0BzAudEAQYDCABEgLyHfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I sleep on my left, using the front of the U pillow to both hug and to go between my legs. The back of the U pillow helps keep me on my left side or at least at an incline if I roll to my back (back sleeper pre pregnancy).
I don’t use a pillow but have a blanket under my neck. I didn’t like the ones with built in pillows because they were too fluffy.
Easy to wash cover and pillow separately.
I may use it forever!

@neena56 I have a U shaped one - the PharMeDoc one. I love it. If there was room in our bed for 2 I’d get my husband one, cause it’s so comfy even before you have a big belly and are sore.

@neena56 I bought the Frida Mom one because it is moldable into any shape that you want. The upside to that is that I can change it around to whatever I need that night. The downside is its not super full in order to make is moldable. It’s a pain to roll around with, which I like because it keeps me on my left side.

@neena56 I have the c shaped one! I like it because on one side I can wrap my legs around it and my arms can pull it closer or further away so it's comfy. On the other side, the end of the c shape fits perfectly between my knees and to my ankles if I don't want that much pillow. Plus my husband can snuggle easier from that side lol having the option of how much pillow to use is super nice and helps keep my hips and knees from aching when I'm trying to lay down

@neena56 It may depend how far along you are and how you like to sleep. I was struggling to sleep up until 19 weeks, so I purchased a U pillow. It was nice but I felt like it hurt my neck, and I didn’t actually need belly support yet anyway. I stopped using it and now I’m considering purchasing a wedge for between my legs. That’s supposed to help with the occasional hip pain I have. I may go back to the U shape later in pregnancy, so I’m glad to have it still. Maybe try purchasing one pillow and sleep on it for a few nights? You can always consider a return if you don’t like it?

Back