UPDATE prenatal Down syndrome dx and in utero surgery (x posted)

tylerngo

Hello all, you might remember my posts from some months ago. The first was that they found some abnormalities on her ultrasound and there was a possibility she wouldn't survive. She was diagnosed with Down syndrome and there was never a chance that we wouldn't keep her and raise her like any other child. Then in late March they found fluid on her lungs and she had to have a surgery in utero. That was a scary time too as I was only 29 weeks and the risk of delivery was high. Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that she made it safely here and is thriving in her life on the outside ! I was induced at 36 weeks due to separation of the placenta from the uterus and it was a positive induction and I had her naturally about 30 hours later after just 22 minutes of pushing. She was in the NICU for a week and special care nursery for a day. She's been home almost two weeks now and she is beyond healthy. She's passed her cardiology tests and is just a normal baby girl ! Here she is in her little home made hat while still in the NICU .

TL;DR high risk baby girl is home safe and happy and her first time mama had a positive induction st 36 weeks ! 💗💕

@tylerngo I'm dying to see the pictures of baby girl but they aren't showing up - congrats again mamma! Enjoy your gorgeous little bundle of Iove. She's a wee doll.

Back