Took Plan B :(

@lrkamp Not my husband. Even when we were dating, he was like "I guess I would do the responsible thing" when we talked about the possibility of getting pregnant. The most excited he's ever been was when we thought I was pregnant on accident last summer. But since we got the negative, he won't even talk about it.

@justneed2talk Wow, I don't know if I could handle that. My fiance knew from the moment we started dating that I wanted kids and that having none (or adopting even) was a deal breaker for me. Luckily, he's very much excited about having a little one of our own, though he doesn't mind the idea of adopting either.

@lrkamp To be fair, I wasn't interested in having kids until this last year. And every time we've talked about having a family, he's always said that he did want one, just not for a long time. He and his siblings were abused by their dad who had been abused by his parents, but he has mentioned that he would love the opportunity to love some kids. Honestly, if I hadn't gotten so baby crazy all of the sudden, I'm sure it wouldn't even be a problem and he will probably be baby crazy after he's finished his schooling

@justneed2talk Ah, makes sense. SO and I are 25, and I'm done with schooling and he's finishing this semester. Our big problem is we should have children sooner rather than later since autism runs very strongly in his family but it only happens when the older the parents are (30s+), so I want to have at least one kid before I'm thirty, and I'm fine adopting after that if we don't have anymore by the time I'm 33 or 34.

@justneed2talk That makes a lot of sense then! PhD is a big thing that will take a lot of time and effort, and having to juggle that with a child will not be easy. My SO is in police academy and so he doesn't plan to go past his BA. I do want to go back for my Masters in Guidance Counseling, but there are a lot of good colleges where I live that have almost exclusively online classes, so it would be workable.

@lrkamp Yeah and I totally support him in going to school! But, he's not even sure he wants to be a professor anymore, which is what he wants the PhD for. Mostly I'm just baby hungry and Don't want to wait another possibly 10 years. I realize I'm youngish, but my oldest sister has been trying to conceive for 5 years with no luck and I want to have kids sooner rather than later.

@justneed2talk Yeah, that's why I stayed put in childcare once SO was certain he wanted to work in Law Enforcement, I knew when we were having kids we'd have no ability to rely on his schedule lining up right.

@lrkamp My partner is the one who has been 'convincing' me that we should have children in the future. He's so sweet, sometimes he tucks in my pluche animals as 'baby practice'.