TOOK NORLEVO FOR THE FIRST TIME AND IM SCARED

unsu

I took Norlevo and im still worried (21F)

Im a 21 y/o woman (F21) and a I took my first day after pill. TL;DR
Yesterday, 28 february, i had sex with my boyfriend with a condom but it broke. We noticed just after he finished inside me. Within 20 minutes my boyfriend and I went to the closest pharmacy and bought the day after pill (Norlevo). Now I do have some worries, I should get my period in about 4 days so that means I already ovulated. My question is: is it possible to steal remain pregnant even after taking the pill because I’ve already ovulated?

I’m asking this because I’ve read on the paper that came inside the pill that says the pill is ineffective if took it after the ovulation period. But the pharmacist says that it’s okay and it’s gonna work out even after the ovulation.

I just don’t want a pregnancy at the moment

@unsu If you are already ovulated, then the pill’s not going to work.

Because, after pill is used to delay ovulation. If you already ovulated then the pill is not necessary. Because no egg=no pregnancy.

If you are calculating the ovulation based on an app then that is not an accurate way to calculate your ovulation. Only LH Strips combined em with BBT is the only way. But, taking the after pill is a good call. Expect wonky cycle since you took after pill.

@elsieday oh my god thank you very much, i feel so much calmer now. So i should expect my period but a little late? No possible pregnancy i mean

@unsu Yes, but pregnancy is not out of the line yet. You didn’t track your ovulation correctly hence you don’t know when you ovulated this cycle. You might be ovulating now. Or you could’ve ovulated last night. There is no certainty regarding that unless you track it properly.
If you miss your period, take a test. A test is accurate 14 days after sex and definitive 21 days after.