TDaP vaccination and troubles

@shortygreyhere My SIL struggled with it before my niece was born. She was adamant about it, and I'm glad because there have been pertussis outbreaks in our area! Anyone who didn't get it needed to at least wear a mask, and no kissing the baby.

@shortygreyhere no specific vaccine-related balking for me, but then, i work in a medical microbiology lab, so i don't have a lot of science deniers in my circle.

my challenge is trying to explain that i will not be bringing the baby on a transatlantic plane trip before he/she is vaccinated. my mom said that she had my sister save her "little baby" sized car seat so we can use it when we visit, and i told her to forget it. 12 hour journeys without an infant in tow are challenging enough, i'm not even going to consider messing with that shit.

@shortygreyhere I just told my SO that he needs to get his and he has a prior kid where he was never told this by the mother so I'm curious if other states/doctors offices are different.

Regardless I told him he had to get it. No ifs ands or buts. I haven't told any family members yet because nobody lives near us. But my mom/dad and grandparents will be informed that they have to get it if they want to see the baby.

@shortygreyhere Our stance is, no shot, no seeing the babies until they are old enough to get theirs. We are also asking for a proof. My mother is getting hers, but my brother & SIL(both in the health care field) refuse to. So, unfortunately they will not see the babies for the first two months. No Christmas, nothing. Oh well. My husband's family lives 1000 miles away, and I am not sure if anyone is planning a trip here. If they are we will ask them to get it before they travel.

Back