Splitting & trying to find the best schedule

jbereman

Hello!
My partner and I are preparing to split with a 2&3 year old. He works full time mon-fri and begins at 530 AM. since I’ve been a SAHM I will be getting a weekend job for when the kids go with their dad as I still will be with the kids during the week due to lack of dare care. I will be the one to move out since I don’t currently have a job. Was curious on the type of custody schedule anyone has had with this type of work schedule. I hate the idea of their dad going from seeing them every day to only having them overnight 2 nights (fri and sat night)
Are early morning drop offs before work for the sake of getting an extra night ( him ) a thing or is that too hard on the kids?
As much as I dread being away from my kids, they adore their dad.
My 3 yr old will be entering pre k this fall but for now both are still home with me. It’ll be hard on them already to have to move from their every day home to GMA and GPAs

@jbereman A mid week visit would be ideal. That could be a dinner or an overnight. You can try the overnight (with the early drop-off, and if it doesn't work-just go to the dinner option)
Is it possible that he can start work later for that one morning mid week?
Good luck as you navigate!

@slave4jesus Thank you! Was already considering a mid week visit but wasn’t sure if it would be a tease to be at dad’s only for a few hours

Will explore the possibility of him coming in an hour later once a week to be able to have an extra night with the kids

@jbereman Why do you have to move out? If you have primary custody then you can keep the house. Talk to your lawyer about this. Also, I know sahm that's work at gyms with kids clubs in them so they can take their kids to work for free and still make money. They don't pay great but you get paid something and you don't have to worry about your check going towards daycare.