So much pain

@katrina2017 I took every single step to make sure my children are okay and he still feels this way. My daughter(and son) is in therapy and has her own issues. I understand that what happened to her is horrible. She’s not the one who is thinking about hurting herself though. I can’t just minimize my other child’s emotions because what she is going through. The now 14 year old ended up getting four years probation.

@tharseo Yea… it’s just a lot to deal with for all of us. I am so angry about the outcome. Especially because he admitted to doing it twice in front of the police. I hate the justice system. If he was an adult the DA said that he would have gotten 30-life

@yadayah Nope. Rape even against young children (if they’re female) is one of most under punished crimes. The justice system doesn’t care about sexual assault especially not of female children or adults. It’s a slap on the wrist

@yadayah That is a really sensitive and difficult situation to deal with. Talk with a therapist but also don't feel that you and possibly another significant other of yours ( mom, sister, etc.) shouldn't talk regularly about the situation and also finding some kind of traumatic event that will be a positive life changing experience. ( going to the zoo, a live sporting event, etc.) Just my thought and idea. r/SpotsySingleParents James

Back