Slow Rising hCG

readyforthelord

Has anybody experienced or know someone who had slow rising hCG but still had a healthy pregnancy? I’m going through this right now and while I’ve been finding a lot of negative outcomes related to this, my Ob seems to not be very worried about it. My first ultrasound is next week so we’ll know more then. Until then, I’ll have to wait nervously.

@akanbi Sorry, I couldn’t tell you DPO. I have no idea when I ovulated as it’s never on the same cycle day (or same week every month). But my levels were as follows

5/7/2021 167

5/10/2021 315

5/14/2021 488

5/17/2021 481

5/19/2021 548

@readyforthelord As long as the ultrasound shows a viable intrauterine pregnancy you are perfectly fine. I’d suggest just patiently wait for the ultrasound, if the results are clear and your hcg is still rising slowly, I believe you have nothing to worry about.

@akanbi One thing to add this situation is that I had spotting that has now turning to a light/regular flow of a period. I let my ob no about this too and she’s still not concerned since I’m not experiencing any pain and it’s not heavy. Just don’t know at this point.

@readyforthelord How many days are you past your period, because if it’s been a while then the spotting can’t be from implantation bleeding. Do you know how many weeks along you are ?

@readyforthelord Oh, then it’s been a while. Your about 6-7 weeks along. I’m not trying to scare you or anything but it’s always best to be a good advocate for your health. Although it might not be that common some women do get light bleeding in the first trimester. If you notice that your flow is picking up or you have any sharp pain in your abdomen, then please call your doctor to check if it’s a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy. I hope all is well, and you have a healthy baby.

@readyforthelord They weren’t concerned about the decrease from 488 to 481 then back up?? That seems odd to me. That was one sign when I had an ectopic. Actually, mine didn’t go down, but stayed exactly the same, then jumped up again
**adding: I’d definitely ask for an ultrasound as soon as you can. If it is in the uterus - I wouldn’t worry. But the decrease in hcg and then back up concerns me

@crochetninja Yep. I asked, “You’re not concerned about the dip and how it came back up?” She said without concern, “No. I’ve seen this tiny dip many times before and all was fine.” They can’t get me sooner than Tuesday for an ultrasound. I’m having my blood drawn again today to see where my hcg is at now.

Back