Sleeping on floor

danilog

I have 6 month old twins (3 month adjusted). Baby B needs to be resettled every 45 minutes so I’m going to explore cosleeping to save my sanity. I’m going to stay in the nursery so I can quickly tend to Baby A who will stay in his crib.

Last night I put baby B on his mini crib mattress on the floor and I c-curled next to him. Most of my body was on the floor except for part of my legs. Would it be safe to get myself a tri-fold mattress to put next to his mattress? Or should I get a larger crib mattress to sleep on with him..? Advice appreciated!!

@danilog We have a firm mattress on the floor and I put a Newton travel crib on top so baby can sleep in the enclosed floor crib part on the floor mattress but there is room for my body outside the travel crib on the mattress. You can also fit in the floor crib as it’s pretty spacious. I leave the travel crib unzipped and roll in and out to breastfeed her as needed throughout the night which is hourly for us. This also allows me to leave a hand on her while she sleeps because if we aren’t touching, she wakes more frequently. I tried a trifold but the junction and gap worried me because she rolls around a lot at night.

Side note but I find it fascinating that one twin is ok with the crib and one isn’t. We really are born with our temperaments!

https://www.newtonbaby.com/products/travel-crib-play-yard

@danilog Not sure what a trifold mattress is. But for your own sake (so you get better sleep than on the floor) and safety (so no cracks/gaps) think I'd find a single or bigger firm mattress to put on the floor for both u and baby B to sleep on that together

@danilog A bigger mattress that fits both of you is safer. With two mattresses, there's a risk of one or both of them moving and creating a gap that baby can roll into.

@danilog Id recommend getting a bigger mattress or two twins mayve? That way you are more comfortable to. My son has the Newton Baby Twin Mattress in his room and loves it. Id get two of those maybe!

Their Black Friday Sale started today so mattresses, sheets/pads, the bassinet, and play yard are all 20% off through 11/27.