Should I even get a breast pump?

@nicolecham I thought exactly the same way, word for word.
Then the hormones hit, the guilt, and the fear that I can't feed my baby, it's so strong and so convincing! Mother nature is real! My cousin was the same way, then frantically went pump shopping when she got back from the hospital. Get the pump, it's free. If you don't use it, you can give it to someone else as you said. You don't have to pump every 2 hours. My max was 5ppd, now at 3ppd I make 1liter a day. Maybe you'll be a lucky cow like me lol. Or maybe your milk will be gone in 3 weeks and you'll end up on formula anyway. But at least you won't blame yourself for never trying.
I tried to switch to exclusive formula on week 5. Baby cried for an hour every morning from belly pain and trapped gas so I quickly went back to breastmilk. Better to pump in quiet than to have a screaming kid, I thought and here I am still combo feeding 3 months in.

@deedee50 This OP! Since my insurance did not cover breast pump, I "borrowed" what's in the hospital before buying my own. But I stopped at 4weeks because it didn't improve my milk supply and baby didn't latch on me well.