Seriously?

grayson

My child’s father hadn’t seen our 4YO son for 3 weeks due to him having the D&V bug, then and ear infection and then another sickness bug! Today he finally saw him and on returning him home (while new GF was in far with her window rolled down despite it snowing) he said our son didn’t eat, I said that wasn’t an issue as he had eaten before he picked him up 2 hours previous, he then proceeded to ask me what his diet was like and saying he thinks our sons too thin.
Baring in mind he’s been unwell for three weeks on and off, but may I add is by no means thin!
He’s tall and slender but having taken him to the GP twice in the past 3 weeks would of assumed they’d of commented had they been concerned with his weight!
He has a varied and balanced diet and is a very energetic and active 4 year old boy.
I’m not sure what he’s gaining by questioning what I feed our son? I’m in shock. He was with me for 5 years, he brought up my daughter with me for those five years and never once questioned my patenting or our diet etc.

@grayson Take a deep breath and let it go. If you know you’re being a good parent that’s all the matters. Don’t give fucks to stupid comments

@grayson My ex’s mom tried this with LO’s speech last year. She figured a 15 month old child should be talking circles around her after spending 3 hours in her presence.

It definitely pissed me off. If I’m honest it still does. But once I realized that was her goal, it made it a lot easier to roll my eyes and walk away.

Back