Self feeding spoons

cryptoquip

Our 5 month old is starting to explore solid foods and I want her to do so independently. I was looking into spoons, but anything I found (e.g. numnum) is plastic which I would like to avoid if possible. Does anyone know self feeding spoons made of bamboo or wood?
I was also wondering to use a honey spoon (obviously none that had contact with honey!)?
What tools did you use ?

@cryptoquip Personally I wouldn't use bamboo or wood because I'd be afraid of my son getting splinters in his mouth. He chews his utensils HARD and has managed to take chunks out of plastic spoons. If you go with wood I'd be sure to watch and make sure they aren't chewing on the utensils.

Early on we enjoyed the silicone "Razberry" spoons because they have bumps that hold the food. But they had to be retired eventually because he started chewing the silicone.

@cryptoquip I wanted bamboo, but I’ve seen my kid start to chew through a spoon that I gave to him for play, so when we began introducing solids we used a bamboo/silicone spoon. I was afraid that the space where the two materials meet wasn’t getting clean enough so we retired those. We are now using silicone spoons by Mushie. Working well so far when the spoon isn’t on the floor!

@cryptoquip We started with these silicone Ola Baby training spoons and loved them. In fact my new baby is now using them. We used these for a few months before switching to metal spoons. We got one baby set from a Montessori website and for my toddler, he now uses the Baby Liberty children’s set, which are really well made and made in the US.

@parkeratkins I have some similar to this one and the shape works really well- I've found that some baby spoons were too wide for my baby to easily cram them in her mouth without dumping her lunch all over her cheeks? These ones are relatively narrow but still manage to hold the food well and she can chew on them in-between bites.

@cryptoquip We use Mushie and love the brand. The silicone is easy for my baby to grip and the food doesn’t slide around. We hand wash with fragrance-free soap. She has a divided plate, two spoons, two bowls, and a bib. Highly recommend!

@cryptoquip I wouldn't trust wood or bamboo because both splinters and the fact they're pretty hard to clean. From my personal search it seems food safe silicone is the best option. I've got short ones for self feeding and long ones for giving food to him.

@cryptoquip I used silicone spoons because i simply couldnt find wooden spoons!! I also heard some weird things about how bamboo is treated. I do have some good wooden teething toys made in germany though. I also use an actual silver spoon i got as a gift lol.

@cryptoquip I switched to tiny stainless steel spoons with my kid, I think I got them at Ikea and they are probably supposed to be for stirring tea or forking a piece of cheese or something. They worked great! I switched from the plastic because baby would chuck the food covered utensil on the ground and then the dog would chew it up.