Seeing Movement Outside Of Stomach?

lone_disciple

I have a B shaped belly and I’m only 20 weeks with my first. 5’3 and 302lbs currently. I’m curious if those with a layer of “cushion” we’ll call it, were ever able to see the movement of the baby on the outside? I see all these cool videos of baby movements through bellies and I’d love to be able to show my spouse that but I’m figuring it won’t happen for me…. Anyone have any experience?

@lone_disciple I am a very similar size to you and could definitely see movement in both my previous pregnancies. It was very subtle at first around 24/25 weeks. I never saw a hand or foot outline like you can see in videos online, but there was visible movement!

@lone_disciple I'm currently 37 weeks and you can definitely see movement and have been for a few weeks. When he stretches his legs out a bit or flips around it looks like my belly is doing the wave or an earthquake. Very reassuring when you can see the movement. I should also note my placenta is on the front as well so I wasn't sure I was ever going to see anything.

@liveinmyheart I cannot wait to see the movement. I love when I feel it especially when it’s consistent! Sometimes she moves and then doesn’t move anymore and I get sad because I totally want to be able to appreciate and experience it but the moments passed!

@lone_disciple I'm 30+3 weeks and about 280lbs with a B shaped bump. I haven't seen the baby roll around from the outside yet (even though sometimes it feels like she's trying to break out). However me and my husband have seen my stomach shake from the force of the kicks

@lone_disciple Darn. I just asked one of my very thin friends and she said she never say exterior movement from her pregnancy. I guess it entirely depends on the person and the position of your uterus.

@yolis43 Yea she actually just said with her first she could see and feel it on the outside but her second it was much less. She also hypothesized it being due to positioning.

@lone_disciple I thought I was feeling something last week but then it hasn’t happened since so I think it was a muscle twitch. The lack of movement is making me pretty anxious but I have my anatomy scan this week so I’m glad to be able to see baby again soon.

How about you, are you feeling movement?

@yolis43 I’m feeling all kinds of things! I bet your twitch was a movement. I’ve noticed if I’m constipated or my bladder is fuller I feel more! I’ve felt waves, flutters, twitches, and even swipes/jabs! I’m always gaslighting myself into thinking it’s not it, but I honestly think it is! Don’t doubt it. 😉

Back