S.I.T.B.A.C.K at 4 months

rjohn

So our 4 month old is heavy into her 4 mo regression. We’re trying to use TCB SITBACK to help teach her to put herself back to sleep after a night waking before it’s time to feed. My question is around the S. According to TCB 3+4 months, we’re supposed to wait 5-8 minutes before intervening. By the time 5 minutes is up, our daughter is absolutely inconsolable. Are we supposed to wait the full 5 no matter what, or do we move on once it’s clear her cries are full awake cries and not just crying in her sleep?

@rjohn There's actually a wave in the crying. If she's inconsolable at 5min, wait another 3 and see if she gets over her peak crying then. We let our baby cry a lot longer because the check in made his crying worse. That's how we found out he peaks out at certain times

@rjohn I don’t really have advice but I will say that I don’t do all of sitback. Sitback worked for me until about 3 months and then it’s like it’s lost it’s magic.

If I see his eyes open and he’s crying I would go in. I don’t use a sound machine and the t makes him cry even harder. He doesn’t take a pacifier so I go straight to C pretty much. After about 5 min of bouncing or rocking, I almost always end up feeding 🤷🏻‍♀️

@rjohn I dont know the answer but you can email them if you paid for the course and they will answer basic questions. Please let me know what they say because I am curious!

@rjohn We’re experiencing the same thing! I don’t have an answer, unfortunately, and I’m curious to see what other people say...we’re on day 12 of trying to implement this and I’ve ended up feeding her every time. I’m at the point where I’m just going to feed her and forget about the steps lol.

@rjohn Agreed! I caved and just fed her last night. It actually felt good to just go for it. I really wanted sitback to work and maybe it will eventually, but I guess you have to go with your gut sometimes. If you feel like it works better to just go in before the 5 minutes, I’d do it! I think every baby is different. I always tell myself once she’s old enough I can always sleep train her. For now, we just have to try to set good habits, but also do what works!

Back