Rolling on tummy and freaking out - help

anavah

New day, new adventure 🙃
My 7.5mo baby started rolling on her stomach as soon as I put her down for naps/night.. and then freaks out!

I’ve tried to shush/Pat her but it doesn’t work, the only thing that works is giving her a paci and she’s out like a light — but, I removed the paci for night sleep when she was 4mo and she’s not able to put it back herself yet… so when she’s sleeping on her tummy and the paci falls out, she wakes up and wails.

I’ve resorted to putting her back on her back for overnight sleep (and she then stays that way until morning) and replacing the paci for naps (and she sleeps like a log)… but surely there’s a way to make her love tummy sleep and/or roll back?!
She’s 10000% able to do this during the day!

H E L P 🫠

@trychange I’ve been doing that too! But most of the results I find are on people sleep training and being afraid of SIDS. We’ve ST already and SIDS is not an issue - I just want to know how to get her to get comfortable on her stomachb

@anavah Are you comfortable letting her fuss for 5-10 mins at a time? This is what we did for our LO. If after 5-10 mins she was still crying, we would go in and flip her back to her back or side.

Then one time while we were waiting and letting her fuss she fell back asleep on her tummy. Then it started happening more and more where she would fall back asleep on her tummy.

I’d say it took about a week for her to adjust. Then she became a tummy sleeper :)

@sidrashah So she actually flipped at some point overnight (I’m guessing between midnight and 1am), then she slept ok but started whining at 4.45am with her eyes closed - I have a feeling she wanted to turn around but couldn’t ? So I went in and gave her a paci, and she then woke up at 5.40am and I was unable to help her back to sleep (DWT is 6.30am)… not sure I’m loving this new challenge 😩

@anavah So you sleep trained without the pacifier and then reintroduced it just now? If she can roll just fine during the day, I'd just do a sleep training refresher (use whatever method you used originally), she'll get it super quickly!

Back