Ring sling for baby that dislikes wrap for beach, pool use

eleader22

My baby is almost 9 months and around 16lbs. She dislikes wrap style carriers, tolerates the ergobaby under most circumstances, and is quite happy on the tush baby. We are usually at the pool or beach every weekend over the summer, and I really don’t want to get sand up in my tush baby. I want something that’s easy to shake out, machine washable would be awesome, and something I could wear while wading in the water and have it be ok if it got wet would be a plus.

Question 1 — for anyone whose baby didn’t like a wrap, were they ok with a ring style carrier? It can be worn so baby’s arms are free and they can look around, right? I think that’s my girl’s issue with the wrap.

Question 2 — what brands/styles would you recommend for pool/beach use?

Thanks!

ETA: prefer to avoid sketchy Amazon brands, ok to spend up to $100 maybe a bit more for quality.

@eleader22 Beachfront Baby has ring slings that can be used in pools.

For your other question, I think a ring sling will probably work for you. My baby was similar and hate the stretchy wrap and tolerated an ergo. The ring sling was a game changer for us. Now that he is bigger, we can do arms out, which he prefers, but he does feel more secure with arms in.

@eleader22 it would have to be used to fit in the price range, but hope & plum hemp-blend ring slings are water safe! just be sure to rinse it after chlorine exposure. there are plenty in the $100-range on the brand’s facebook BST group.