Q for Parents who started using Cloth w Newborn

@rui I did cloth right away but used a diaper service to wash them for NB stage. I bought one size and at 3 months starting washing myself.

This worked great for our family as it was our first child!

@rui Cloth right away, NB thirsties aio, small workhorses & prefolds + thirsties duo & puppi covers

Zero issues using cloth at night. I think people are tired or are worried about doing cloth so baby doesn’t soak through and require more work- no issues here though. If you’re really worried, throw a disana wool on over (inc over a disposable) and it won’t ruin the sheets or anything even if they do leak out of the diaper.

@rui Both my kids started cloth at roughly 6 weeks at the 8 lb mark. We did disposables at night as they started sleeping longer stretches because we didn’t have to worry about leaking and changing pyjamas/bedding. At first they use around 12 diapers per day.

I will say that I am really happy that we did disposables for the first couple weeks. With both babies we were exhausted and underwater with newborn life (and eventually with keeping the toddler busy as well). I was recovering from a csection and learning breastfeeding/pumping. I cant imagine having diaper laundry to keep up with in addition. You do you but something to keep in mind. They hit 8 lbs so quickly. Give yourself a couple weeks to get your head above water.

@rui I used thirsties natural all in one newborn, but I wish I'd have just gotten there os natural all in one because mine quickly outgrew the newborn size. Next moved to Thirsties natural pockets and texas tushies pockets. For a while I used thirsties stay dry natural all in one for over night but now I use Texas tushies XL diapers overnight.

@rui Cloth at night is a lot more work once they start sleeping 4+ hours. Harder to get enough absorbency and harder to remove the super soaked in pee. Requires not only extra diaper products but also more stringent wash routine. I do cloth at night but I’m a glutton for punishment

Not only did my son not fit our one size diapers at birth, he was too small for the newborn size cloth diapers!

@rui I used GroVia newborns and loved them. I had a big boy though, so I only used them for about 10-12 weeks. I really enjoyed it and newborns go through SO many diapers that honestly it was worth it. I had a smaller stash of like 15-20. I also had Thirsties AIO and not my fave.

@rui I used prefolds and covers from birth until maybe 3ish months? until one sized pockets fit better. Definitely worth it, especially if you think you will have more than one baby. One size say 8 pounds, but I think it's more like 10-12 depending on how skinny baby is. 36 diapers is what I recommend, they go through them so quickly.

I never used disposables overnight, so I don't know about that one.

@rui My baby is a month this week, and I got pockets from my shower to use, as well as a few essembly diapers. The essembly size 1 with covers fit around 2 weeks, and now I can comfortably use pockets with no problems. The brands I got are noras nursery and some from amazon. None of them are specifically Nb.

@rui I used NB diapers and used them for 5-6 months. My kiddo was really small though. I used Lalabye Baby Ai2 style so I didn’t need very many of the diapers themselves. We had 5-6 I think. My daughter also didn’t poop but a lot so they didn’t get super dirty. I used disposable at night because we used Ai2 style I didn’t want the wet inserts sitting on her skin all night and I wasn’t about to mess up the good night time sleep by switching. We also used disposables a lot when we were out and about all day or traveling.

@rui We use thirstie duo wrap covers and are on size one. Started using them when baby was born and still using them at over 10lbs. They have snaps and can be sized accordingly and then there is size two for when they get bigger. When they are little prefolds work fine at night because you are feeding every two to three hours and changing frequently. At night now we use green mountain work horse diapers for the longer stretches of sleep because they are more absorbent. You can also add in an extra insert to your prefolds so there are options it just depends on what you go with and what works for your family.

@rui I used nb diapers (preferred diaper rite nb AIO out of the many I tried).. the OS diapers that fit the soonest were Pannolino bambino covers(slim fit?), lalabye pockets/ai2, and thirsties naios. Out of those 3 lalabye would be my pick personally.. or thirsties stay dry NAIO if they were on sale..as for night diapers-_it can be challenging depending on your baby and what age they are.. I have found that thirsties size 2 prefolds are perfect over nights for my 10 month old.

@mercyofthenight Pannolino bambino sells some DR on their website.. they sell the nb aio version under their own brand name, but it is the same!..they might sell other DR options still but I'm not sure..I Also got some from mysweetpickles.com