Pros and cons having second child

zacc

Good morning, what is pros and cons having second child?

My situation is stay at home mum with 15 months old son. Husband work full time (3 days in the office and 2 days work from home). Husband makes decent money and enough for bills and eating out / entertainment some days but not too fancy stuff. I’m thinking to start working by the end of the year but also thinking how if we have another one?

Inside my heart wants to have another one but also don’t want it because means I’ll start everything from 0 again…. (My husband thought the same as me so we both like 50/50 😅)

So just wanted to hear the opinion about having second child? Or one and done? Thank you 🥰

@zacc Second child can (key word) be easier.

You’ve already got the materials (bed/toys/etc) on hand. You’re used to having a child-centric lifestyle, so a second isn’t too much of a change.

The tips/tricks for how to parent are already known so you don’t need to learn them again.

Second child has the first to socialize and play with.

And it’s fun to see their differences and similarities between siblings.

It also gives them (hopefully) a built in friend to grow up with.

However, you and your partner are no longer a 2:1 parent to child ratio, it’s 1:1. Leaving the house turned from 5 mins with no kids to 15 minutes with one to 20 with 2. And there’s the financial aspect of one more mouth to feed.

It ultimately boils down to what you as a couple want. Are you happy staying at 1 or will your family feel incomplete?

@zacc 2 kids is much easier then 1. They can play and do things together. Mum and dad don't have to be their playmate.
Even when they get to in between age? Say you're out at shops. You can get both to stay together and duck off to the loo! Or get both to go to loo whilst you stay put.
It's just so much easier having 2 then 1.