Premie baby coming home on 1/2 liter oxygen

sophiepoeta

Our son was born at 25 weeks. He has had a pda closure and has BPD. He is now 10 weeks adjusted. We just brought him home on 1/2 liter of oxygen and he has been doing well with it since they have put him on it. I am just curious of a average time that he will stay on the oxygen until they can take him completely off of it. Anyone been in a similar situation?

@sophiepoeta Can you tell me how the PDA closure went? How old your son was and what procedure they did. Our son was born at 22 +1 and is now 25 +4 and will be 26 by the time surgery happens. Sometime next week, they're not sure yet the day. They're doing ligation and not the coil because he isn't 800 grams yet. He is only 700. I'm happy you guys get to bring your little one home. Congratulations

@sophiepoeta Ok, thank you. We are so nervous, but he has to get it. The doctors believe it will help other problems happening. Other than that he is doing great. No brain bleed. Getting bigger. The Tylenol didn't work.

@munzurul Yeah they tried Tylenol for us and it didn't work either. I do believe that if they did the closure sooner that his lungs would have been slightly better because of all the extra blood pumping.

Back