Pregnancy fitness app that isn’t a pdf?

acurisur

Hi all, first time new Mom here and still very early in pregnancy! I’d love suggestions on some apps or subscriptions that have a solid prenatal routine. It doesn’t have to be free, I’m willing to pay for something efficient that still follows typical strength training routines but focuses more on breathing or prepping for pregnancy.

I’ve used Caroline Girvan, Emily Skye, and Peloton all in the past so I’m not new to weight lifting or heavier weights. I don’t want to have to flip between PDFs and would love something that I can follow knowing it’s safe but still effective. Ideally 30-45 minutes, strength training (ok if there’s other exercises for Pilates/stretching etc but I can supplement if not).

I was a little overwhelmed with what I saw recommended in other threads, then realized not all were an app or were just a pdf so I’d love help narrowing it down! Thank you!!🙏🏻

@acurisur Megsquats Plus+1! I really like the look of Mamaste Fit too as someone else has mentioned but with how picky I am with routines I don’t want to pay all up front. You get a free trial and monthly payments with Megs app which I much prefer.

@aceplace Definitely loved plus 1. Although I didn’t strength train as much as I hoped through pregnancy, it got me through postpartum and now I’m hooked on Megs programming and am on SBTD.

The warmups are about 20 minutes though. In order to keep the workout at about an hour, I dropped 1-2 sets. The warmups are crucial for birth prep.

@aceplace Also on the Megsquats train. They do have PDFs but the program is in an app that updates weekly and gives you some ability to switch out exercises, change reps/sets, etc.

@aceplace What kind of equipment is required? I saw it has a “gym” set up, but I don’t have cables or a rack. I do have varying dumbbells, a bench, and a bar with 5-100lb plates. Also, how long are the work outs typically including warm up?

@jv926 Plus one to this, I did t use their pregnancy one but their regular and then postpartum and really liked them. Plus they also have barre/yoga and other less intense options too.

@acurisur Check out MamasteFit ! They have prenatal programs and mini programs. I bought the postpartum program and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I love their app and the videos demonstrating each exercise.

@christianwarrior123 Just a note on this one, it was great for me thru about 16 weeks, but if you have SPD or pelvic girdle pain there is a lot of lunging, burpee style movements, etc that can exacerbate and not clear modifications in 2nd tri program.

Back