Prefolds for newborns

shabach67

Hi! What brand of newborn prefolds do you recommend to go under a newborn cover? I bought some used (unsure of brand) and they don’t fit our baby. They are 10.5 x 9 prepped and the 9 is way too small to fit around her waist. The small sizes I got are way too big and long. She is 3 weeks and about 8lbs so average sized so we were surprised they were so small on her. Thanks!

@shabach67 At this point just move up to small!! Newborn GMD only fit my babies two weeks and about 10lbs max. I prefer the intermediate blue GMD because they are wider and I have chonky babies. But the small ones are thicker so hold more pee. Up to you, but I’d skip the newborns by the time they come in the mail.

@shabach67 If you want to try the cloth eez prefolds from GMD I am selling some brand new (at a discount) on my Poshmark. I have newborn size (10.x10.5 prepped) and small size (12x13) prepped. Mine are new in package but I got the prepped size from GMD website. Just PM me if you want a link!

@shabach67 You don’t have to wrap them around, just padfold them they will still absorb everything

Idk what exact size they are but I prefer GMD

Nicki’s bamboo ones were rather large, although still prefer GMD

@shabach67 We have a hire service for the newborn phase with a huge mix of sizes. We were similarly surprised that one of the prefold sizes barely fit her waist at even just a week old (born 6.5 lbs). Lately I've been using a jelly roll fold and then just not pinning it inside a cover, and going just a smidge tighter on the cover. This works just fine for pee but has been hit and miss on whether it catches poo without it getting on the cover (have yet to have it leak outside the cover though!), so not a perfect solution but better than doing that much more washing!

Back