Pre-Pregnancy strengthening exercises? (x-post from /r/xxfitness)

Are there any exercises / muscles that are recommended to be worked on before getting pregnant? I'm thinking like you want your abdominal muscles / core to be strong maybe.

I'm doing StrongLifts so I'm not doing anything for my abs/core directly. Is there a core exercise that is safer, and / or can be continued into pregnancy safely?

Or does it not matter as long as your working out and living healthy in general?

@theoneinsidethezero a strong lower back. that will help a lot as you start carrying more weight in your stomach.
i really liked the roman chair:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...px-Roman_chair_(hyperextension)_animation.gif

i don't do those while pregnant, but i still do Romanian deadlifts (with lighter weights) and the lower back machine at the gym.

i really like kettlebell swings. not sure how much they work the lower back, but they are good for posture (and other things). did single handed ones before pregnancy and do double handed ones during pregnancy.

@theoneinsidethezero I had a long runway before getting pregnant (2 years) and spent that time getting into really good shape. Best thing I did for myself.

100% agree with lower back - it's vital. Would add transverse abdominals (bridge/planks/cross body twists) and squats. Getting a squat routine (with correct form is really helpful.)