Positive fFN at 18/4. Now what? Any experiences with FFN in 2nd trimester on here?

psalms119

Hi, just fishing for experiences really. Short backstory on me: 2x early loss, 1x late loss (SCH led to infection led to IC). Had terrible SCH bleeds 8w-16w in this pregnancy. On 200mg x2 progesterone daily.

Had my first fFN test today, it's positive. Despite everything I wasn't expecting that and I'm properly freaked out.

Does anyone have any experience with a bad FFN result? Any suggestions for questions I should be asking? They never answer questions, it's just "come back in a week" which is also worrying because my appts are supposed to be biweekly.

Currently I'm consulting Dr Google and I know that's a terrible thing to be doing.

TIA

@reinar I'm really hoping that's the case. It's an adapted version that they use in this clinic, so I think it's slightly different to other parts of the world (it's available in 10 mins for example whereas most places I think you have to wait for labs). I think my mind has just been a bit blown by this, the appointment was going so well up until then.

@psalms119 A positive fFN in 2nd trimester doesn't give you 100% risk for preterm birth, it by itself raises your risk probability to like 7-60% or something like that. Try and take a breath, stress is another thing that could affect this if you are leaning to the PTB side. Don't hesitate to essentially harass your dr until you get a real answer that pertains to your specific situation!!! ♡ sending you the best wishes!

@apolloman87 Thank you. I've got a litany of questions now and I plan to bombard them. Unfortunately I suspect this is more a case of running down the clock to viability. 37 days to go - it's a long time. This feels more like an art than a science at the moment. Aside from avoiding extreme PTB, I'm frightened of being an inpatient again.