Positive Experience

thony

I just wanted to jot down a super positive experience for all of the other FTMs on this sub who are panicked about all the aspects of being in a high BMI pregnancy group. I started my pregnancy in April 2023 at 5’9 and about 320lbs. Im also 36 y/o.

I just gave birth on the 5th to a totally healthy 8lb 10oz baby boy. Delivered vaginally after about 3.5 hours of pushing and a last minute induction due to onset of mild preeclampsia at 38+3.

My whole pregnancy I spent obsessing over being in two high risk categories. Beat myself up over not being active enough, obsessing about my diet and vitamins, being exhausted from so many extra appointments and tests due to age/weight. Being terrified that I couldn’t physically handle labor, etc.

I want you all to know, that nothing is ever under perfect circumstances. The doctors have a bias towards negative outcomes because it’s their job to prevent them. Let them do that job and you focus on how awesome your little one is going to be when you meet them.

YOU CAN have a healthy baby. YOU CAN handle labor and delivery. YOU CAN handle the blur of the first week afterwards. You’re built to do it, momma!

@thony First, Congrats on your baby boy! Secondly thanks for this. I’m 34 with a BMI of 54. I’ve definitely been obsessing and Im paranoid all the time. This is what I needed to hear today.

@thony Congratulations!! 🎉💙Well done mama ❤️ Thank you so much for posting this, you’re inspiring! It really eased my mind and made me feel more confident for when my delivery comes around!

@thony Thank you for this. I’ve been obsessing over my diet lately. I just need to relax and know everything is going to be okay. Congratulations on your baby boy 💙