Philips Avent natural vs natural response nipples

itsdagis

Hey everyone! My babies (twins b/g) are 8 weeks old and I have been using the Philips Avent natural bottles to feed them. I bought a couple of 4bottle packs which contain 2 bottles with flow size 1 nipples and the remaining 2 bottles with flow size 2. Both babies are still taking flow size 1 and when I tried size 2 it was too much and they would constantly choke. So I'm trying to buy size 1 nipples to replace the size 2 bottles, however all I could find in the baby stores located around me are the natural response nipples instead of the natural ones. The reviewes I saw state that the natural response nipples are very hard for most babies and the flow sizes are not in line with the natural nipples.

I currently don't live in the US and where I live I am expected to pay three or four times the price when compared to the actual nipples price so I don't want to just buy a couple packs and not have them work. So can someone guide me on which nipple flow sizes of natural response would somehow work for the natural nipple flow size 1?

@itsdagis I’ve found that size 3 natural response is the most similar to size 1 natural. Baby switches between natural 1 and natural response 3 very well. We now mostly use the natural response. We also breastfeed so it’s better for baby to have to work a little harder to get the milk out, it mimics breastfeeding more. For the natural response, baby has to suck to get the milk. Nothing leaks out when you turn the bottle over.

@believer112 Thank you so much! This is so helpful. If you don't mind, can you tell me how old your baby is and for how long they have been using natural 1? I was wondering if I have to change nipple size once they get a bit older?

Back