People keep assuming I’m pregnant when I’m not!

connection

I’m 6 months postpartum with my second child and people are still asking me if I’m pregnant. It happened several times within that first month, which bothered me, but I could understand. I know the belly doesn’t shrink down instantly. But since then, I’ve had at least 3 separate occasions with WOMEN making comments like, “I didn’t know you were having another child!” Then there is this awkward exchange where I say that I am NOT expecting, they apologize profusely, and we both walk away feeling like sh*t. Why do people feel the need to comment on other people’s bodies?! Especially women, who I thought knew better. Is that too much to ask? Does this happen to anyone else?

*Adding salt to the wound: People at the Super Bowl party I was at were all speculating Rihanna was pregnant. I noticed her round belly and knew she had a baby shortly before I did. I was hoping a big celebrity was struggling like me, but alas, she’s actually pregnant. 😩 Oh well.

@connection I had the same thought about Rihanna and even told people that it’s cool she’s sporting her post partum body like that because it should be more normalized. Oh wait. Agreed with others, there may be some ab separation and I noticed that while I never carried extra weight in my belly before pregnancy, I do now. So weight loss and post-partum core exercises is what I’m trying for.

@connection My husband looked at my tummy the other day and said "oh are you pregnant again?" Knowing we hadn't had sex since my period the week before. I'm 5 months pp and fit back in all my clothes, I'm 3 pounds more than I was pre pregnancy.