Outdoor Playard recs!

@valewv I have option 2. It arrived April of last year. I just got the playpen and shade, not the mattress. My oldest was 14 months and I was 8 months pregnant.

I could easily set up and tear it down without help, while wrangling my toddler and about to burst with #2. With the shade, it has UV protection. The day I first used it to test it out, it was 80°F and no shade in the yard. However, it was cool inside, my toddler didn’t mind being in it, she actually fell asleep.

I never have had any issues with bugs getting in either however we don’t live in an area where bugs are really a problem. I love how spacious it is too.

I don’t have any regrets buying it.

@shirin Thank you!! It’s not fully enclosed though right? So bugs could get in? Our area sucks with mosquitos 😑 we have citronella and wear long sleeves and pants and one bit me through my clothes yesterday. Haha

@valewv Oh yeah no, I don’t think it’s good for your super-mosquitos lol It’s open and you have to add the shade and they can sneak into those tiny gaps if they wanted to. If the bug problem is that bad, looking at your other options, that Veer one looks good.

I personally don’t trust Amazon’s quality. The only thing I question about Veer is that I can’t tell how much you can see inside from the outside.

@shirin

80°F is equivalent to 26°C, which is 299K.​

[sup]I'm a bot that converts temperature between two units humans can understand, then convert it to Kelvin for bots and physicists to understand[/sup]

@valewv I have been looking too. Between the California Beach and Veer, I'm leaning towards Veer. Some of the reviews for CA beach say older toddlers easily break it and their customer service is awful so I don't think it's durable.

We have the Guava Travel crib and the opening for the California Beach is the same size. I like that the Veer's is bigger. A lot of reviews for the Veer talk about use into the preteen years .

@valewv We love the guava but more since we take roadtrips and it saves us a ton of space in the trunk compared to our Graco pack n play.

The bend river looked good too but it's still $90. I feel like investing the "luxury" will pay off long term if you need a part or replacement.

@valewv I know this is older but I just bought a Basecamp for my 13 month old and it's great! We don't have the wagon yet but it has a strap that is easily able to be carried. It pops up easily and folds up SO TINY. It's about the size of a regular camp/folding chair when back in its carrier. I can definitely keep it in my car!

Back