Oh, me? Just screaming into the void

@lifeinone Yes. So much this. The problem is not the actual risk of severe COVID for this age group (which is soooo low), it's that daycare quarantine policies are stuck in 2020 and it's 0% sustainable for working parents.

@lifeinone Yeah, this is a really good point. I think it has to come from the CDC guidelines - that's always what they send us to justify their decisions about quarantining, etc.

I don't blame the daycares as they are just following protocols, but those need to change.

I know it can be a life or death matter for some high risk individuals, which makes the decision very difficult, but the shortening of the quarantine timeline recently is showing a positive direction. (US-based if that wasn't obvious).

@lifeinone Yes, this. I feel for OP, don’t get me wrong. But my daughter’s fully vaxxed teacher exposed her (actually the only exposure she’s had) in the fall. The teacher was going nowhere, just general community spread crap. I missed a conference because of it. If the risks for her age group were higher than they are, I would support. But as I understand it, RSV is more of a concern than Covid. And no one shuts down for RSV. The policies don’t match the science anymore.

@andica2006 I don’t even know where to begin. I know people are irresponsible(having birthday parties with 50 plus guests) so I told my husband I don’t want to send our kid to school for at least 1st week and then see how it goes, at least all the cases will out by then, my husband was not onboard as he didn’t wanted to miss work. He had a pretty busy week scheduled. I took the responsibility and have been managing a kid with full time job with adjusted schedule. Manager is pretty cool about the schedule so that’s ok but taking a toll on me. One of friends kid tested positive. We were terrified. The other friend, she had the symptoms but still chose to send the kid school, while she went out for covid test. Her test came out negative, but look at the responsibility. We are burning our ass off by being careful for us and others and some people don’t have common sense. Now husband is also on board after looking at the irresponsibility and taking turns in the day time. We plan to send him next month, hopefully things will be little better by then.

@andica2006 I'm sorry you're dealing with this. All of your frustrations are absolutely valid and I have similar frustrations in my life but....

I thought the title was referring to something else. My toddler has recently begun asking to go outside so he can scream as loud as possible. Just for fun, he's not even upset. But no screaming in the house. So he literally screams into the void at strange hours.

I was hoping to find similar stories.

@andica2006 This is us as well, home for the third quarantine since early December. It feels like families with young kids are just forgotten. And I feel so bad for my son not having a regular routine and daycare. He misses his friends and doesn’t understand why we have to stay inside all the time. This
article came out yesterday and it’s nice that someone in the news is paying attention to this issue of relentless daycare quarantining.

Back