non-plastic lids for food storage containers

shiney77

i have all glass food storage containers (various brands like Pyrex, Sur La Table, and IKEA), but they all have plastic lids. now, the plastic lid isn't a focus of mine since it doesn't/barely touches the food. but some of ours are cracking (particularly the pyrex lids) and i would like to replace them with something that isn't plastic if possible.

has anyone found a good product for this? i saw these silicone lids, but i prefer not to buy on amazon, and question the brand since i don't see that it exists outside of amazon - so who knows if the material really is what it says it is?

thanks!

@shiney77 If that doesn’t work, I know IKEA has bamboo ones compatible with theirs. I’ve also seen a newer line of Pyrex that come with wood lids but not sure if they are sold separately or fit the same containers as the plastic ones.

@dbaileys I’ve had a couple of the IKEA bamboo lids for their glass containers, but ours grew mold when we left food for too long in the fridge.

@kondwani I think so? I guess I’m not sure of all the sizes they have but I have several of the square and circle ones. And I’m pretty sure I’ve seen rectangle too but don’t quote me on that one. Just have to keep an eye out because at least at my local ikea they sell out FAST

@shiney77 This is a Fakespot Reviews Analysis bot. Fakespot detects fake reviews, fake products and unreliable sellers using AI.

Here is the analysis for the Amazon product reviews:

Name: Sophico Round Silicone Storage Cover Lids Replacement for Anchor Hocking and Pyrex 7402-PC 6/7 Cup Glass Bowls (Container not Included) (Orange - 1 pack)

Company: Visit the SOPHICO Store

Amazon Product Rating: 4.6

Fakespot Reviews Grade: A

Adjusted Fakespot Rating: 4.6

Analysis Performed at: 02-14-2022

Link to Fakespot Analysis | Check out the Fakespot Chrome Extension!

Fakespot analyzes the reviews authenticity and not the product quality using AI. We look for real reviews that mention product issues such as counterfeits, defects, and bad return policies that fake reviews try to hide from consumers.

We give an A-F letter for trustworthiness of reviews. A = very trustworthy reviews, F = highly untrustworthy reviews. We also provide seller ratings to warn you if the seller can be trusted or not.

@shiney77 I have similar feelings about Amazon but I do use it if there's not a good alternative. I have slowly been switching my Pyrex lids over to these as the old ones crack. I have not had any of the silicone ones have problems yet. I've probably been using them for three or four years now. So far still happy with them.

@shiney77 We actually just bought those silicone lids from Amazon a couple weeks ago! They seem to work just fine for our Pyrex containers--and look, feel, and act just like silicone to me.

@shiney77 They’re not super compact and tight, but I use Nature Bee Beeswax Wraps to cover bowls that I don’t have lids for. I also use it to store my homemade bread and it works really well.

@shiney77 I bought some of those silicone lids off Amazon for my Pyrex a couple of years ago and they’re holding up fantastic, would definitely recommend! They definitely seem like normal silicone to me

@shiney77 I've been fully converted to silicone lids recently, actually. They don't absorb odors, don't seem to rip/crack the way plastic does, and I've had luck with some airtight sealing.

I've recently tried out these and was satisfied for organizational purposes (different colored lids) and they nest together for easy storage, and no leaking issues thus far:

https://www.amazon.com/Alpine-Eleva...114574&sprefix=alpine+elevation,aps,71&sr=8-2

There are plenty of other models on Amazon too.

@shiney77 Hi, I’m Vetted AI Bot! I researched the Sophico Round Silicone Storage Cover Lids Replacement for Anchor Hocking and Pyrex 7402 PC 6 7 Cup Glass Bowls Container not Included Orange 1 pack and I thought you might find the following analysis helpful.

Users liked:
* Durable and long-lasting silicone lids (backed by 8 comments)
* Excellent seal and flexibility (backed by 5 comments)
* Convenient and easy to find in the drawer or cupboard (backed by 1 comment)

Users disliked:
* Poor seal and prone to leaking (backed by 4 comments)
* Difficult to fit and prone to popping open (backed by 3 comments)
* Lids slide off and difficult to clean (backed by 1 comment)

If you'd like to summon me to ask about a product, just make a post with its link and tag me, like in this example.

This message was generated by a (very smart) bot. If you found it helpful, let us know with an upvote and a “good bot!” reply and please feel free to provide feedback on how it can be improved.