My doctor told me I wasn’t able to get pregnant at the age of 24

resurrectionist

When I was young I dreamed to get pregnant at 24 and give birth at the age of 25. Now it was all dead. Mixed emotions. I don’t know what to feel. Cuz…

My doctor told me I wasn’t able to get pregnant at the age of 24.. devastated..

After checking my ultrasound results, the doctor was shocked that I have a similar ovaries with an old 60yrs old woman, or maybe worst. And AMH was way too low.

Checked to 2 ob gyn already, 1 told me to do IVF but it is not my option for now. And 2nd doctor told me that even IVF wouldn’t do it and we will just waste time and money.

So yeah. Take care of your body ladies! Or else you’ll regret it

@resurrectionist I'm so sorry.. I know how hard it can be to be told your dreams and wishes for the future aren't possible. It's okay to be angry/sad/disappointed. Whether you end up with a miracle, adoption, or just enjoying your life without children, I wish you an endlessly happy life. It's okay to grieve the loss of the future you planned, but know it can still be a beautiful life. ❤️❤️

@resurrectionist I know every situation is different but I never thought I would get pregnant after years and I have two kids. My best friend got diagnosed with precancerous cells and a lot of medical issues and has two kids. Some times God has other plans ❤️

@resurrectionist If you are talking about experiencing pain, I don’t have an answer. We lost our first and it was the most painful thing I have ever been through. She sent me her little brother so I know she is still watching over us ❤️

@resurrectionist We can always ask why and never receive an answer. We will always have the “what if” but honestly I’m at peace. I went on a self journey and gave up on ever having another kid. Now I can’t imagine life without my son. My best friend thought she wouldn’t have a second and now has her little miracle. I’ll never understand why shit happens the way it does.

@resurrectionist Im pretty sure that you couldn’t have done anything different. Some women are just born with a lesser egg reserve than others. Please dont blame yourself or anyone else for that sake.

You could think about using an egg donor. I know others who have had their kids with a donor eventhough they reached menopause

@resurrectionist AMH is not a great indicator of if you can conceive without intervention. Every month our follicles compete to produce one egg to ovulate (maybe two or three in twins or triplets scenario) a higher AMH means more follicles will compete to be that one egg but one egg is all you need to conceive when you are trying to conceive without IVF. In the case of IVF, the goal is to turn all those follicles into eggs through meds so hopefully you can create more genetically normal embryos so a low AMH can make IVF difficult. But outside of IVF, a low AMH isn’t a great indicator of whether or not you can conceive without intervention. The only way to know if you can get pregnant is to try.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2808552#:~:text=Although%20it%20is%20associated%20with,woman's%20egg%20count%20is%20declining.

https://www.acog.org/clinical/clini...n-hormone-in-women-not-seeking-fertility-care